13 January 2022
The event “Data Valley meets EXPO” presents the Emilia-Romagna Region as a leader in digital and technological transformation through knowledge, research and innovation in the field of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
The Bologna Big Data Technopole has acquired a relevant international reputation for the extraordinary concentration of supercomputing capacity available and for the presence of an ecosystem made of research, businesses, education and training that makes it unique on a European and international level.
This calculation capacity is essential to seize the opportunities deriving from the application of data-based technologies, starting from Artificial Intelligence, in various areas relevant to the economy, the protection of assets and the lives of citizens.
The event “Data Valley meets EXPO” integrates four dimensions:
- Evocative dimension: the transformation from a manufacturing economy to a digital economy seen through the redevelopment of abandoned industrial areas that become places of knowledge and innovation where data are the ‘raw material’
- Technical dimension: supercomputing and the new frontiers of Quantum as tools for technological growth with enormous potential
- Applicative dimension: supercomputing for the environment and climate, health and well-being, innovation in industry, advanced scientific research
- Informative dimension: the data economy and its impact on the lives of citizens and communities
The event is organised in two moments:
1. Technical-scientific forum, which presents the birth and development of the Bologna Big Data Technopole, its scientific value, its potential for international attraction, as well as a selection of applications. Representatives of the European Commission, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Italian Ministry of University and Research, as well as international experts will intervene. The Forum will be held in the Amphitheatre and Studio, Italy Pavilion.
2. Dissemination and networking event, addressed to the widest audience of Expo participants to bring the public closer to the contents dealt within the Forum and discuss possible collaborations and activities with the attendees. The event will be held at the Cibus Pavilion “M-EAting Italy.
CIBUS Pavilion "M-EAting Italy", Italy Pavilion - Amphitheatre, Italy Pavilion - Studio
ART-ER, Associazione Big Data - ABD, Development - IFAB, Emilia-Romagna Region, International Foundation Big Data and Artificial Intelligence for Human
13 January 2022
Download the agenda